Monday, January 29, 2007

Why do I learn Japanese?

You may ask me why I learn Japanese. The reason is very simple-- I like Japanese culture. I have been exposed to Japanese "culture" since I was young. The culture that I talk about here includes Japanese snacks, Sanrio stationary, Japanese cartoon/anime, etc. Have you ever watched Japanese anime? They are always my favourite :) My 1st Cd single was Sailormoon theme song disc. It was an 3inch Cd single. That happened when I was in grade 5/6. Since then, I have been watching more manga and anime and listening to Japanese songs. Even though I didn't(don't) understand Japanese, I still enjoy the songs a lot. When I was in middle school, I have met a friend who introduced me all these singers and bands-- Mr.Children, Glay, Ken Kirai, Misia, etc. Actually, many people in Hong Kong learn Japanese. However, I didn't have the opportunity when I was in middle school and high school. It is because I had to take tutorial lessons after school :( When I pursued my BS engineering degree in St.Louis, I wanted to study Japanese yet my class schedule was so packed that I didn't take a single lesson at all. My best friend in college loves Japanese culture as well. We are in love with Japanese food (chirashi, sukiyaki-don), anime, songs and architecture(Ando-san). She was a Japanese and business major. I was so jealous that she studied abroad in Kyoto for a year :D It was really fun. I highly recommend people to take language class and study abroad when they are in college.

11 comments:

satoza said...

Oh! Do you like ひらいけん? I like him a lot. We are going to listen to his music sometime soon!

I am getting hungry when I read your post. Now I would like to eat ちらし、、、、Do you go to Japanse resutraunt often?

sawaranran said...

はじめまして、にほんごTAのsawaranranです。

Mr. Chidren and Hirai Ken are my favorite musicians, too! Which song(s) do you like in particular?

ai said...

サンリオはいまでもすきですか?42ちょうめにサンリオのみせがありますよ。

Satomi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Satomi said...

I'm a TA who visited your class last Tuesday.

Sailormoon!
I remind my young days pretending her with my sister ^o^/
I hope you can visit Japan soon.
I want to visit Hong Kong some day...

U-nice said...

testing

asai said...

こんにちは。TAのあさいです。
わたしもMr. Childrenすきですよ。Maybe when you go back to Hong Kong next time, you need to stop over in Japan!!

배정원 christina said...

I totally agree =D
Sailormoon is by far my favorite animation ever!

Cheng said...

Nice introduction! Very smooth. It seems that every girl likes sailormoon. おもしろい。

サラ said...

Sailormoon was the first anime I ever watched, too! ^_^

neil said...

My biggest regret of college was not studying abroad:( But it's never too late to make up for lost time!!